Friday, March 13, 2009

CEO’s who take home an annual salary of $1.00

In these times of recession, the last thing people want to hear is how the big bosses of the companies are getting million dollar salary packages and ungodly bonuses. So some CEO’s have taken this to heart and decided to cut their annual salaries down to $1.00. I think this is a good gesture. Sure they are already millionaires or have stock options, and still rake in millions, but the shares must have value for them to cash in on it. They’ll have to work hard to keep the shares up.

Source : www.canoe.ca

Larry Page and Sergey Brin – Google

Mitchell Sharp – Personal adviser to former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien (A politician taking a $1 pay check? Unheard of)

Glenn Murphy – GAP

Jeffrey Katzenberg – Dreamworks Animation

Jerry Yang – Yahoo! (Co-founder)

Steve Jobs – Apple

Rick Wagoner – GM

Robert Nardelli – Chrysler

Alan Mulally – Ford

(These three doesn’t count much because their decision was made after the crash of the three auto giants, and even then sometimes due to pressure, not voluntarily)

Edward Liddy – AIG (Again after their crash in late 2008)
===

On a separate note, (why there are two unrelated posts in one is beyond my comprehension too ;P) this is my last day working at the client site, since I’m heading back home soon. Next Monday to be exact. Four days more and exited as hell. He he heeee

On the other hand, a bit sad to leave the place. One kinda gets attached to the place and the people after working there for close to six months. A very busy six months, I might add. Time flew like it was on hyper-drive. Not a bad experience though, learned a lot of things and met a wonderful bunch of people as well. I am going to miss them. Had a little farewell drink last night at the pub next door as well.

Oh well, have to finish up packing. With all those shopping sprees, running out of room to pack things. Damn airlines and their weight regulations. Man, makes you wish that they had teleportation.



Pic courtesy www.wildhorse.co.za

Cheers!!!

2 comments:

Marisa Wikramanayake said...

Hi Michael,

This is Marisa. Thank you for your comment on my website. I am thrilled that you like the tips, I will be putting more up pretty soon so please check back and feel free to argue with me.
Re: your entry, it is so easy to meet new people and get to know them and then so hard to leave people behind. I used to think travelling was fun too but I agree with you on the teleportation.
I see you are a fan of Terry Pratchett - I hear you fellow fanatic. Asterix too huh? :-D Nice.

Cheers, Marisa.

Azrael said...

Thanks Marisa. Yep, a big Terry Pratchett fan. The man is a genius. :)