Monday, July 09, 2007

New 7 Wonders Announced

As I mentioned in an earlier post, voting was in progress to select the new 7 wonders of the world. After 90 million votes cast by the citizens of the world, the new official list was announced on 07.07.07.

They are:

Chichén Itzá, Mexico
Christ Redeemer, Brazil
The Great Wall, China
Machu Picchu, Peru
Petra, Jordan
The Roman Colloseum, Italy
The Taj Mahal, India
Some people argue that creating such lists are not fair, because there are many more wonders around. That is a 100% true. The world we live in is a unique wonder in it self. However these are man made structure of a bygone era, when they didn’t have the technology we have today.

Just because there is an official seven wonders list it doesn’t mean that we have to forget about the others. This list should be used sort of like ambassadors for all the wonderful things we have in this world, to remind every one to protect them and preserve them for time to come.

4 comments:

Deadmanshonda said...

I was wondering what was going to happen with those! The Petra in Jordan is my new desired sight to see...sheepishly, I wasn't aware of it before but once I clicked on your picture I was astounded. Thank you for sharing!

Lady divine said...

I agree with you.. There are so many wonders that aren't very popular yet... and there may be those that aren't discovered too.. You never know, right?

I guess we need to have a list which lists down "All the wonders of the world"..

Azrael said...

Leisel - Your most welcome. Start planning your next vacation to Jordan :D

Lady Divine - Oh I bet there are many things we haven't even found yet. That list will definitely be a very long one :)

Harshadewa said...

I don't agree with some of the Wonders. Those are official. We have our own wonders isn't it? However the new list will be a good travelers attraction many countries as well.